Get help

Call 612-879-7624 for help now

Helpful resources to help you stay in your home

If you are at risk of losing your home, there are several resources committed to doing all they can to help you stay in your home. In order to obtain rental assistance, you must apply via

  • Visit or call 800-292-4150
  • Get help if you have an eviction filed
  • For free legal advice on housing issues visit or call 612-728-5767
  • Visit
  • Get help with:
    • Eviction prevention
    • Emergency housing assistance
    • Landlord/tenant disputes

Visit Hennepin County Emergency General Assistance

  • Get help with emergency assistance
  • Single adults call 612-596-1300
  • It may take up to 30 days to hear back from Hennepin County about emergency assistance

Visit Align Minneapolis

  • Limited funds are available to Minneapolis residents for emergency rental assistance
  • Single adults call 612-204-8273
  • The voicemail line is open for intakes on the 1st of each month

If you are denied emergency general assistance from Hennepin County, are a Hennepin County resident, and in danger of losing your housing:

  • Agate Housing and Services has limited funds available to assist single adults or adult-only households
  • Click HERE to view our flyer for LGBTQIA+ Rental Assistance.
  • Call 612-870-2298 anytime for eligibility requirements, application instructions, and to hear the next date adult applications will be accepted