Get help

Call 612-879-7624 to connect with the Street Outreach team


Identification support

It’s difficult to make any kind of progress without the proper identification. If you find yourself in this situation, we can help.

For help obtaining an out-of-state U.S. birth certificate, visit us:

Agate Housing and Services

LOCATION: 2309 Nicollet Ave., Minneapolis

OPEN: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.

Most states require a valid state-issued ID. If you do not have one, call 612-870-2283, and we can help navigate that. Birth certificate fees range from $5 to $50. If you need assistance paying those fees, we partner with two organizations who can assist with both birth certificate and state ID fees:

Basilica of St. Mary

LOCATION: Corner of Hennepin Ave. & 17th St., Minneapolis

OPEN: Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 9:30–11:30 a.m.

NOTE: For Minneapolis residents only
Bring ID and a piece of current mail

Sharing & Caring Hands

LOCATION: 525 N. 7th St., Minneapolis

OPEN: Monday–Thursday at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

NOTE: No residency requirement

Other ID information:

  • If you have a Minnesota ID and it has been expired for less than five years, you can get this renewed at a Hennepin County Service Center without needing to provide additional documentation.
  • If your Minnesota ID has been expired more than five years, you will need to provide both a birth certificate or passport and a secondary document like a Social Security card, school transcript, or marriage certificate.


For other questions, contact us at 612-870-2283