Find a place to stay tonight
If you are living on the streets and need shelter, we’re here to help. We want you to be safe. We want to help you find a stable path forward, starting today.
You can also come to our office during outreach drop-in hours on Mondays & Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m. If you do not know where to start, download our Street Outreach Resource Guide, available in English, Spanish, Somali, and Hmong.
- Adults (without children in their household) need to go through Adult Shelter Connect at 612-248-2350 for a reservation at one of the Minneapolis adult shelters
- Adults with children in custody, call Hennepin County Front Door at 612-348-4111, option 0
- For those under 18: contact Youth Services Network.
- Families with dependent children can call 612-348-9410 during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Weekends and Holidays, 1:00-9:00 p.m.
- After hours, call 211 (651-291-0211 from your mobile phone) and ask for the after-hours shelter team
- Visit Hennepin County Human Services for emergency assistance
Stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter
If it’s hot outside and you are looking for cooling sites, Hennepin County has a list available. If you are looking for somewhere warm to go during cold weather, please see Hennepin County’s list of severe weather warming sites.