There are many ways you can advocate for the people we serve, ensuring that everyone has a safe place to live with a stable path ahead.
Expand and preserve affordable housing opportunities.
- Invest in the development of affordable housing
- Preserve existing affordable and supportive housing
Learn about Minnesota’s affordable housing landscape here.
Remove barriers to housing for the people we serve.
- Limit screening out tenants who have rent subsidies, criminal histories, or imperfect rental histories
- Reform rental eviction expungement law and practices
- Learn more about how these barriers impact our guests here
Support economic stability for the lowest income households.
- Increase the minimum wage
- Increase MFIP cash assistance
- Ban predatory lending
- Learn about MFIP and the current state of minimum wage in Minnesota here
Restore and preserve voting rights.
- Restore voting rights for ex-offenders
- Oppose restrictive voting laws
- Learn about how 2017 efforts to restore voting rights to ex-offenders were stalled here
Increase availability of and access to safe shelter.
- Expand shelter capacity
- Increase number of medical respite beds
- Learn more about these needs here
Use your voice
To make progress for real change, we must boldly advocate for the people we serve. Whether it’s calling those who represent us in Congress, or attending events at the Capitol, or speaking up to be the voice for people who may feel voiceless, your involvement is needed. Watch this page for new advocacy opportunities. If you’d like to be updated when there are new opportunities, email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.